Active Directory is a great technology. In fact I can’t image life without it. It’s pretty easy to set up, with every Microsoft Server release it gains additional options that make life for IT easier. Did you know that only 5% of 1000 fortune companies don’t use AD to organize their environment? That means that it’s used in the remaining 95%, But do you know what is a cost for your company to maintain it? Did you know that there is great difference between running Active Directory in small companies compared to running Active Directory in big companies? Adaxes created a great Infographics which summarizes all the challenges running Active Directory.
Manage and Report Active Directory, Exchange and Microsoft 365 with ManageEngine ADManager Plus. Download Free Trial!
Facts that amaze me the most: The greatest challenges for AD admins are Group Policy management – a whopping 54%, The second major challenge 52% lies with maintaining AD permissions. The third spot 45% is taken by maintaining compliance. Keeping data integrity (44%), Privilege users (42%), Monitoring Security (39%), Provisioning and Maintaining Active Directory security (22%) are also high on the list.
It’s important to know that 44% of fortune 1000 companies treat AD as critical and 32% as important. Only 7% don’t think it’s important. It’s interesting to see that 6% of 1000 fortune companies can’t keep peace with native AD tools, 34% barely keep pace.
Did you know that approx. 3.5% of annual income is lost due to downtime in IT Systems? 90% Require human interaction. Last part is the one that makes me smile a little bit, just because I had the same experience and it’s good to see I was not alone. Up to 70% of users will forget their password every single month. Isn’t that amazing? And another related to end users only 40% of users remembers their passwords and don’t write them down on a piece of paper, telephone or post-it. Some even leave it below a keyboard, I have seen this numerous times… Great infographics. You can find more information on Adaxes Features page. In addition, you can download a FREE 30 day trial from Adaxes website.
Infographics sponsored by Adaxes
Leave a Reply