LibreOffice 4.2 was released with major improvements for business use. LibreOffice has a steady release cycle, they push a new version every 6-7 months.
From version 4, LibreOffice gained a lot of features that are important for business users.
But what makes LibreOffice different to pervious releases is that project started using Coverty source analysis service which greatly improved quality of the code and security. From now on LIbreOffice will be faster, more secure and with much less bugs in point releases.
LibreOffice 4.2 New features
1. Improved MS OOXML interoperability – mostly .DOCX but RTF received improvements as well
2. A new engine for Calc using OpenCL for computations
3. Simplified custom install dialog
4. Manage LibreOffice via group policy
5. Integration with Windows 7 and 8 with thumbnails and recent documents list
6. New start screen
7. Coverty source code scans
Additional Features that make this release so great
- keynote import filter
- New default template for writer
- Impress remote control for IOS
You can find more information on LibreOffice 4.2 in release notes
Libreoffice 4.2 is improved for business use, important features are slowly coming to this great free office suite.
I hope that redesign is will follow soon.