Nakivo has released Backup and Replication 9.3 with Oracle support. I think that Oracle support has been requested from Nakivo users a lot. A lot of big enterprises use Oracle a lot. One of the industries that heavily rely on the Oracle databases is also retail, where you can find billion of products, daily changing prices, actions and promotions, related products, products description, products dimensions for the warehouse and delivery information among the many information that you may not notice when you buy a product.
I used to work for a major retailer and Oracle backup was high on our wishlist. We used scripts that would dump data. Data got compressed and moved to the backup directory. There it was picked up by the main backup program that sent all the backups to the tape library. Microsoft SQL was supported natively with most backup programs. But Oracle… is another story. Luckily Nakivo added support for Oracle.
Nakivo Backup and Replication 9.3 Features
Nakivo is slowly and steadily extending enterprise-grade features. Backup for Oracle RMAN functionality provides the business of all sizes, data protection for one of the most used databases in the world.
New features in the latest release:
- Native Oracle RMAN protection -Integration with RMAN to backup and restore files. By using native Oracle tools, Nakivo can automatically backup with high performance plus by using Nakivo, you can greatly simplify backup administration.
- Smooth point-in-time-restoration of entire Oracle databases
Nakivo recently gained many features in the previous releases. Just to refresh the memory:
- Office 365 backup – Office 365 users can backup their data directly from Nakivo. The restoration of individual items or a complete inbox is possible to the same or to a different inbox.
- Policy Driven Data Protection – You can automate the backup job creation.
- Native backup to tape – You can use your tape drive or tape library for increased backup protection and retention.
- Physical Linux Server Backup – In addition to physical Windows Server and Windows workstation, you can also backup physical Linux workstations and Linux servers.
- Hyper 2019 support – Nakivo fully supports Hyper-V from version v9.
Nakivo has gained a lot of visibility with many features that were part of expensive backup programs. Until now. Nakivo keeps adding enterprise features slowly and steadily. Every new release brings just the right features to the already stable base. Many enterprises can start evaluating Nakivo for Oracle backup alone. When you look at the pricing… Nakivo is an obvious choice.
You can find the latest release of Nakivo 9.3 on the following link.