NetJapan vmGuardian Version 3.0 released latest version of backup and disaster recovery product for VMware only environments.
List of New features include an enhanced file format providing more efficient incremental backup file consolidation while having a faster offsite replication, a higher performing 64-bit virtual appliance, and another NetJapan first, Branched Restore. They have also increased speed for to 10 percent compared with the previous version.
NetJapan vmGuardian Version 3 released with following features
New to version 3 Features
- Incremental backup file type improves consolidation and offsite replication performance.
- Incremental Consolidation Backup Management.
- Branched Restore provides the option to restore a virtual machine under a different name; creating a new branch at a specific point-in-time from the selected backup.
- Up to 10 percent increase in performance from the previous version.
- Higher performing 64-bit virtual appliance.
- ActiveImage Protector’s backup technologies – vmGuardian uses many of the ActiveImage Protector’s advanced backup technologies.
- Inline Data Deduplication CompressionvmGuardian’s Inline Data Deduplication Compression (IDDC) feature efficiently eliminates duplicate blocks of data in a single virtual disk or across multiple virtual disks. The image files are then compressed at a remarkably high rate, resulting in significantly reduced storage space needs without the need for an extra media server.
- Incremental BackupvmGuardian’s fast incremental image backups reduce your storage space requirements as they only include the sectors that have changed since the backup was taken.
- Smart Sector TechnologyEnables fast backup of only the used sectors, resulting in a reduced need for disk space.
- Backup to the other ESX(i) hostImaging backup of virtual machines (VM) and restore them to other ESX(i) host using vmGuardian.
- Supports Windows and Linux file formatsNTFS and Ext 3 of Windows and Linux virtual machines are supported
- VM backupUse vmGuardian to select VMs from a host or resource pool in an ESXi host or vSphere virtualization platform. Multiple virtual machines backups can combined into a single image file.
- Support for a file type to save the respective incremental backup images independentlyvmGuardian 3.0 supports a new file type enabling to save the respective incremental backup images independently. The use of scheduled Replication function enables fast replication of only new created incremental files.
- vMotion and VMWare HA support.
- Restore files to a ZIP archive.
- E-Mail Notifications.
NetJapan vmGuardian version 3 Pricing
NetJapan vmGuardian is priced at 600.00 USD per one socket. In case you purchase license for more sockets, price will decrease. 2-6 sockets $580 per socket, 7-24 $560 per socket, 25-48 $540 per socket.